Dental Advice faq from Seattle Area Dentist

Advice Index Main Page
Dr. Janson's Home Page
Please consult your dentist prior to following any advice on these pages. Disclaimer


I would like to ask a question about bridges. I got bridges about four years ago, and never was really happy with them. The teeth themselves look fine its just that I have this black looking line over the top of the crowns and you can also sometimes see the tooth not even touching the gum. I would like to know if there is anything i could put or add to them to make that line go away. My dentist said it would eventually but it has'nt yet. It looks terrible to smile. I am only 22 and I was even thinking of replacing them with implants because of the problem.

Thank you for visiting our web site and for your question. As you might know, it is quite possible that you could have new crowns made which are longer and cover the area in question. If you have metal reinforced crowns, you might be able to switch to all ceramic or porcelain crowns which are more cosmetically appealing, but are not always adequate for every situation. Sometimes, when the gums recede, it is also possible to place cosmetic fillings near the gums, leaving the crowns intact, but covering the dark areas. The dark line may be part of your crowns OR the toothg itself.  I hope this helps!


Home | Our Philosophy | About Dr. Janson | Appointment Request | Directions | Health Form Printout | Patient Comments | Dentist and Seattle links | Recommend us to a friend | Ask Dr. Janson a question! | Online Payments new.gif (407 bytes)

Cosmetic Cases / Photos | Frequently Asked Questions | Chipped Teeth Repairs | Bleaching | Ultrasonic Cleaning | Before and After Models | Dry Mouth | Gum Disease | Snoring | Sleep Apnea | Dental Insurance | Toothaches | Child Dentistry | Denture Care | Extraction Home Care | Bad Breath | How to Floss | How to Brush | Xray Examples | Miscellaneous Conditions

1999-2003 (City Dental Referral Service and Web Design)
Last revised: December 06, 2004.